Job Description: National Integrated Sales
POSITION: Director of Corporate Partnerships
COMPANY: CCMC (Canadian Controlled Media Communications)
DEPARTMENT: Canadian Hockey League Properties
POSTING: May 12 – May 28, 2021
SUMMARY: If you are a highly motivated, performance driven individual who would work tirelessly to find new clients for some of the best sports media and sponsorship products and services in Canada, then we are looking for you. We at CCMC, one of Canada’s leading integrated sports marketing companies, work with some of the best sport properties in North America… imagine working every day in the Sports industry! CCMC has an immediate sales position available for the right candidate to be part of our integrated sales team. The ideal candidate has a track record of over achievement working in a sales environment selling to large corporate accounts preferably within the media and sponsorship industry. They are comfortable having their compensation directly tied to results and are willing to build their portfolio of clients through cold calls and prospective leads.
About the Canadian Hockey League
The Canadian Hockey League is the world’s largest development hockey league with 52 Canadian and eight American teams participating in the Ontario Hockey League, Quebec Major Junior Hockey League, and Western Hockey League. The CHL supplies more players to the National Hockey League and U SPORTS than any other league.
- Research and generation of leads with companies with potential to advertise and sponsor sport properties in Canada.
- Development and customization of sales presentations to clients and agencies.
- Orchestrate presentation and facilitate meetings with clients.
- Manage and foster top level relationships with clients to build their relationship with CCMC and the CHL.
- Work closely with Corporate Partnership team to ensure fulfillment and delivery of contract requirements are met with exceptional.
- Sell a diverse and cross mix of sports property sponsorship rights & activation, and traditional & digital media.
- Meet agreed-upon sales budgets on number of different hockey and sports properties.
- Position will have a primary focus on the Ontario Hockey League with additional targets with the CHL and other two member leagues, the Western and Quebec Major Junior Hockey Leagues.
- Provide weekly sales reports.
- Provide sales support as needed, including research, proposal development, concept ideation, etc.
- Contribute to planning and execution of select special client events.
- Assist in preparation of post season reports for your assigned accounts.
Education and Experience:
- Post secondary degree in marketing, communications, sports management or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum 5-10 years sales experience preferred.
- Candidates with prior sponsorship sales/service experience will be strongly considered.
Job Specific Skills and Abilities:
- Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be well organized and demonstrate an ability to manage multiple projects with minimal supervision.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- Understanding of the sports sponsorship market and sound working knowledge of advertising in both traditional and digital media.
- Successful candidate will be familiar with Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure.
- Position will include some travel.
Action: Send cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only parties that qualify for an interview will be contacted.